- Do not put oils in eyes, ears, or up nose!
- Always drink out of glass or stainless steel when using oils.
- Apply a small amount of oil to your skin to test for a skin reaction before using. Should you have irritation, redness, itching, or burning, apply a carrier oil (coconut oil, olive oil, or a natural vegetable-based oil) to the area to dilute the essential oil and stop the sensation. Do not use water!!
- If you get oil in your eye apply 1-2 drops of carrier oil to the eye to ease the burning. Do not use water!
- Be sure to read labels prior to ingestion. Some oils should not be taken internally.
- Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity. Do not apply to exposed skin prior to being in the sun.
- Please reference oil/drug interactions in the books. Caution for Epilepsy.
- It is important to remember that therapeutic grade essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts and should be used with reasonable care. Typical application is 1 drop or less for most applications. Please consult a physician if you have any concerns.
- To improve absorption, slow evaporation, prevent skin sensitivity, and allow for the distribution of oils over a greater area it is recommended to use carrier oil with all oils. My favorite adult dilution is 20 drops of each essential oil in a 10ml roller with the rest fractionated coconut oil. Check dilution charts for more details and recipes in your books.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Federal Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. We are not healthcare professionals. Consult your physician if you have any concerns.
PHOTOSENSITIVE OILS. Any citrus oil or blend containing citrus oils may be photosensitive. Graphic is only a sampling of our oils with Citrus. Please review for safety and do not apply before going out into the sun. You must wait 12-24 hours before exposing skin to sun after using these oils. Your skin could burn if the area you applied your oils is exposed to the sun.